The new Rotary Year has begun, so a review of our CWSDPP goals for the coming year seems appropriate.
Goals for RY 2021-2022
1. Continue our 7th year of CWSDPP at all eleven Chiang Mai Municipal Schools and Wat Suan Dok School (11 to 13 classes, depending on the possible combinations of classes for smaller schools).
2. Continue our Phrao CWSDPP at eleven Phrao elementary schools (seven classes, smaller schools combined).
3. When possible, continue our program at the Ban Ya Migrant Learning Centre (MLC) in Phuket Province, this program is currently on hold due to delays in Thai governmental permission for MLCs to reopen due to Covid-19 concerns. We have been informed that the Ban Ya MLC will reopen this month, so we should be able to start our CWSDPP there soon.
4. Expand to at least one other location through the Rotary Network; currently, there is great interest in adopting our program by the Rotary Club of Royal Hua Hin (RCRHH).
5. Add a lice eradication component to all project locations and classes. Lice problems prevent about 10 to 15% of the girls from participating in our CWSDPP, so this is an important addition to our program.
We cannot do any of the above without the generous support of our partners, sponsors and donors, so here is a list of these generous organizations!
If you wish to help, please contact Project Champion John Schorr at email@example.com for more information.
CMIRC Children’s Water Safety and Drowning Prevention Team and Sponsors